This training blends the cutting edge method of Design Thinking with proven User Centered Design techniques. Participants will learn how to bring customers into the design and development process while improving their design decisions to create differentiated UX.
- Learn the 7 keys to creating award winning UI’s.
- Master UX Design principles, patterns and practices.
- Get usability best practices applied to your industry.
- Gain 3 core UX skills in rapid User Centered Design techniques (User Research, Interaction Design and User Testing).
- Choice of Web App, Website or Mobile.
UX/UI Bootcamp Agenda:
- Module 1: Getting deep into your user’s heads: What it takes to create competitive User Experience. Choose a project to use in class.
- Module 2: Laying the UI foundation with User Personas and Journey Maps. Designing for your user’s context of use.
- Module 3: Transforming Data into UI’s. Task-oriented vs. Tool oriented. Prototyping: How to Design for Ultimate ROI of UX.
- Module 4: Tactics for avoiding human error and boosting emotion in the UI. Using a UX scorecard to refine as you design.
- Module 5: Applying UI patterns artfully to your design.
- Module 6: Testing your UI for rapid usability feedback.
- Module 7: Project wrap up: Bringing your UX/UI together. Team review.
AUDIENCE: Business Analysts, Designers, Developers, Product Managers, UI/UX teams.
LEVEL: BEGINNER/ INTERMEDIATE
EXECUTIVE BOOTCAMP (Add-on or stand alone option)
- 3-HOUR BREAKFAST VERSION for a Sr. Management Audience
- ROI of UCD, UX Design expectations and results, UX culture
What You Get:
- Unlimited Archive Access
- PDF Notes (PPT)
- Access to Trainer with any questions
Frank Spillers, MS (CEO, Founder & CXO)
Frank Spillers is a distinguished speaker, author, and internationally respected Senior UX practitioner and UX Master Trainer. He is a world expert in improving the design and user experience of products, services, and experiences across numerous industries and applications. A recognized leader in the field, Frank has successfully applied 22 years of advanced knowledge of UX and Human-Centered Design methodology in Fortune 500, non-profits, and corporate environments globally.
A recognized subject matter expert by the U.S. Department of Labor, Frank has developed new UX techniques for understanding user needs, assessing user experience, and conducting rapid design prototyping. Recently, he has contributed ground-breaking research on the impact of design and emotion. His current work has been profiled in leading industry publications including The Handbook of Task Analysis for Human-Computer Interaction, MarketingSherpa's Landing Page Handbook, and the book-- The Persona Lifecycle.
Before founding Experience Dynamics in 2001, Frank managed usability consulting for WebCriteria (now IBM Analytics) and worked with students of Dr. Donald Norman (the grandfather of Human-Centered Design) at Intuitive Design, a San Diego-based User-Centered Design consultancy. His current clients include Microsoft, Intel, IBM, Logitech, GE, Hewlett-Packard, KeyBank, Four Seasons, Chase, Target.com, and Whitepages.com. He has trained over 70,000 UX designers globally and continues to teach through his mentoring group: www.uxinnercircle.com
Frank received his Master's in Cognitive Science (MS) from Birmingham University, UK in the user experience of virtual reality with an emphasis on collaborative virtual environments.
Who’s Attending our Training?
Blue Cross Blue Shield
Capital Group Companies
Providence Health System
Research In Motion
State Farm Insurance
State of Michigan
State of New York
We want you to be completely satisfied with our trainings and to be rewarded by each investment you make with us. Your satisfaction is ensured with our 365 day money back guarantee. If you are not completely happy with a training you purchase, you have the privilege of qualifying for a full refund, credit or replacement of the initial amount for a period of 365 days after the date of purchase.