UX Practitioner Certification - Boston
UX Practitioner Certification - Boston
April 20-22nd 2017
Learn how to take your interest in User Experience to the next level with our UX Certification.
Details- User Experience Practitioner Certification
At the end of this course you will be able to conduct all aspects of User Centered Design, the core methodology including:
- Designing results-oriented User Interfaces with a high degree of usability.
- Conducting all core aspects of User Experience.
- Learn the ropes and avoid mistakes.
- Planning, organizing and executing: Field Studies and Usability Tests for user needs analysis and interface feedback. This includes all aspects of ‘rapid ethnography’ from recruiting to moderating interviews, capturing data, creating personas, reporting on field studies and usability tests.
Leverage UX Trainer Frank Spillers 18 years of corporate experience across industries like Healthcare, Financial Services, Banking, Consumer, Technology, Ecommerce and Education.
Experience Dynamics UX Practitioner programs will give you holistic and practical knowledge and practice with the core elements of User Centered/ Human Centered Design in the following areas:
Ethnographic User Research:
- How to do a Rapid Ethnography Create role-based design Personas.
- Understand and powerfully use Role-based personas.
- Generate your own research from set-up to moderation and reporting.
- Master contextual user interviewing, data analysis and artifact gathering.
- Develop an Outside-In approach to gathering user needs, desires, tasks and goals.
- Learn to present field research powerfully.
- Results and Quantitative vs Qualitative data.
- Approach UX design strategy elegantly with Task-oriented Design.
- Designing with and for personas, conceptual models and persuasion.
- Learn how to apply the 10 key Google Material Design principles to your design.
- UI Design Rules and how to apply them (or break them).
- Learn the 16 Interaction Design Techniques.
- Discover 16 User Interface Rules.
Usability Testing: How to conduct Rapid User Tests.
- Create usability testing as a regular design tool: set-up, recruit, moderate and report on your user tests.
- Learn to flexibly conduct a Remote, Unmoderated or Lab based test.
- Become an exceptional moderator.
- Rigor in testing, key issues and concepts.
- Analyze and present data for better design decisions.
- Learn logistic shortcuts for rapid Agile/Lean testing.
- Emotion design research -validate your design's emotional value.
Time to complete: 3 Days
Pre-requisites: None Typical audience: UX analyst, UX designer, Product Manager, Front-end Developer, User Researcher, BA, Designer. Note: This training is based on learning the real-world skills, with the intended use in real-world business contexts.
Follow-up learning: UX Master Practitioner training (from Experience Dynamics, with dates to be announced in 2017).
Experience Dynamics provides User Experience Practitioner and Master Practitioner Certification based on our immersive instruction model, called Applied Learning. The UX Certification experience has 3 levels of learning and 3 levels of rigor we use to evaluate how well students acquire and assimilate skills.
Experience Dynamics UX certifications are modeled on our successful UX engagements with Fortune 500 companies globally. True to User Centered Design, we created our certification based on student-centered (user centered) learning. The certification, unlike other popular certifications in the industry that are based on theoretical or "best practice" concepts, is aimed at giving you practical expertise in User Experience research and User Centered Design skills.
EARLY BIRD TICKETS: $2500 then $2900 for regular pricing.
Frank Spillers, MS (CEO, Founder & CXO)
Frank Spillers is a distinguished speaker, author, and internationally respected Senior UX practitioner and UX Master Trainer. He is a world expert in improving the design and user experience of products, services, and experiences across numerous industries and applications. A recognized leader in the field, Frank has successfully applied 22 years of advanced knowledge of UX and Human-Centered Design methodology in Fortune 500, non-profits, and corporate environments globally.
A recognized subject matter expert by the U.S. Department of Labor, Frank has developed new UX techniques for understanding user needs, assessing user experience, and conducting rapid design prototyping. Recently, he has contributed ground-breaking research on the impact of design and emotion. His current work has been profiled in leading industry publications including The Handbook of Task Analysis for Human-Computer Interaction, MarketingSherpa's Landing Page Handbook, and the book-- The Persona Lifecycle.
Before founding Experience Dynamics in 2001, Frank managed usability consulting for WebCriteria (now IBM Analytics) and worked with students of Dr. Donald Norman (the grandfather of Human-Centered Design) at Intuitive Design, a San Diego-based User-Centered Design consultancy. His current clients include Microsoft, Intel, IBM, Logitech, GE, Hewlett-Packard, KeyBank, Four Seasons, Chase, Target.com, and Whitepages.com. He has trained over 70,000 UX designers globally and continues to teach through his mentoring group: www.uxinnercircle.com
Frank received his Master's in Cognitive Science (MS) from Birmingham University, UK in the user experience of virtual reality with an emphasis on collaborative virtual environments.
Who’s Attending our Training?
Blue Cross Blue Shield
Capital Group Companies
Providence Health System
Research In Motion
State Farm Insurance
State of Michigan
State of New York
We want you to be completely satisfied with our trainings and to be rewarded by each investment you make with us. Your satisfaction is ensured with our 365 day money back guarantee. If you are not completely happy with a training you purchase, you have the privilege of qualifying for a full refund, credit or replacement of the initial amount for a period of 365 days after the date of purchase.